Our TK-12 schools are tuition-free and mission-driven. We aim to close the opportunity gap by offering equal access to high-quality teaching, STEM learning and the preparatory skills necessary to succeed in college, career and life.
How We’re Closing the Opportunity Gap
How do we do it? The answer is rooted in dedication, teamwork, and schools that are carefully designed from the ground up. Here’s how we’re closing the opportunity gap by providing access and support to those who need it most:
- Engaging and affirming instruction to increase educational equity
- A strong focus on foundational literacy and math skills
- Small schools that foster trusted relationships
- Dedicated STEM learning that integrates the latest technology
- Empowering our teachers to be collaborators and decision-makers
- A welcoming culture of respect
- Well-rounded electives and extracurriculars
- Robust counseling programs, support for mental health and access to critical resources
- College readiness that includes advising, support for the admissions and financial process and college visitation trips
- Parent workshops and events to engage the whole family
Evidence of Our Success
Our success is evident in the commitment of our staff, the goals our students reach, our consistently high test scores and the satisfaction of our families. For almost 20 years, our greater community and the State of California have also recognized our success. Here are just a few of the awards and recognitions we’ve received throughout the years:
- California Distinguished School California Department of Education
- National Blue Ribbon U.S. Department of Education
- Title I Academic Achievement Award California Department of Education
- STEM Honor Roll California Business for Education Excellence
- California Charter School of the Year California Charter Schools Association
- US News and World Reports Best High School
- Top 10% for teacher quality in the State of California Niche
Perhaps the most significant evidence of our model is the success of our graduates. Not only do 90% of Synergy Academies students go on to college, but many of our alumni return to Synergy to share their accomplishments and to give back to the community that gave to them. We are proud to witness the impact a Synergy education has on the upward mobility of our students throughout their own lives and across generations.
Synergy Academies is succeeding at closing the opportunity gap because we harness the power of our entire community: our families, students and staff work together to make something stronger than the sum of our parts–we are synergy at work! Applications for the 2024-25 lottery will be accepted starting October 2023.
About Synergy Academies
Synergy Academies operates three tuition-free charter schools serving TK-12th grade students and families in the greater South Los Angeles area. Our goal is to close the opportunity gap by offering equal access to high quality teaching, STEM education, and the preparatory skills students need to succeed in college, career and life. Our award-winning programs build confident, capable students who contribute to our exceptional community. Get to know Synergy Academies today: we’re growing minds, hearts and futures.