Scholarships for Seniors
Career Center Hours (located next to the Library, 2nd Floor)
Monday- at Lunch and from 3:30-4:00
Wednesday- at Lunch and from 3:30-4:00
Thursday- at Lunch and from 3:30-4:00
Friday- at Lunch and from 3:30-4:00
UPCOMING SCHOLARSHIPS FOR SENIORS!
1. May 22, 2015- I'm First Scholarship.
For more information visit website during 1st week of April 2015: http://www.imfirst.org/scholarship/#.VP3JgLPF_PA
2. Due: May 25, 2015- B. Davis Scholarship.
Begin application at: http://studentawardsearch.com/scholarships.htm
3. Due: May 29, 2015- Margarian Law Firm Scholarship.
Learn more and begin application at: http://margarianlaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2015-Application.pdf
4. Due: May 30, 2015- Essay Contest: Matters of Life and Death.
For more information visit: https://www.compassionandchoices.org/what-you-can-do/in-your-state/california/essay-contest/
5. Due: May 30, 2015- Reed Tech Scholarship.
For more information visit: http://www.reedtech.com/about-us/scholarship/
6. Due: May 30, 2015- Southland Electrical Supply Scholarship ($1,000).
To apply, visit: http://www.southlandelectrical.com/scholarship.asp
7. Due: May 31, 2015- Salvadoran American Leadership and Educational Fund Scholarship.
To apply, visit: http://www.salef.org/#!__programs
1. Due June 1, 2015- The California Latino Legislative Caucus Foundation (CLLCF) Scholarship.
2. Due June 15, 2015- Abbott and Fenner Annual Scholarship.
Apply online: http://www.abbottandfenner.com/scholarships.htm
3. Due June 30, 2015- Astanza Q- Switched Laser Annual Scholarship.
Apply online at: http://www.astanzalaser.com/q-switched-laser-annual-scholarship
4. Due June 30, 2015- Dry Defender$1,000 Protect Your Bed Scholarship.
5. Due June 30, 2015- Tylenol Future Care Scholarship.
Apply online at: http://www.tylenol.com/news/scholarship?utm_medium=display-static&utm_source=fastweb&utm_term=117633851&utm_content=tylenol_frn_scholarship_q1_2015_120x120&utm_campaign=tylenolscholarship2015
6. Due June 30, 2015- Promoting Healthy Relationships Scholarship.
Apply online at: https://www.dosomething.org/campaigns/1-3-us
1. DUE July 1, 2015- Bookoo Scholarship.
Apply online: http://www.bookoo.com/scholarships
2. DUE July 10, 2015- Safe Driver Scholarship.
1. DUE August 31, 2015- The Clubs of America Scholarship Award.
1. Due: Sept. 17, 2015- U.S. Bank Scholarship.
Learn more and complete modules at: https://www.usbank.com/community/financial-education/scholarship.html
1. Due: Oct. 23, 2015- Ayn Rand Novel Atlas Shrugged Scholarship (Award: $20,000)
2. Due: Oct. 31, 2015- Zombie Apocalypse Scholarship (Award: $2,000)
SCHOLARSHIP RESOURCES FOR AB 540 STUDENTS:
The following are some useful links to help you with your scholarship search. Make sure that you are eligible for the scholarship by noting the required GPA and follow all guidelines to apply. For example, some scholarships require a letter of recommendation, essay, and application. Others just require the student to submit the application.
BEWARE OF SCHOLARSHIP SCAMS:
Warning Signs of Scholarship Signs: http://www.finaid.org/scholarships/warning.phtml
LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION:
Make sure that you when you need a letter of recommendation from a teacher, you are asking for them in advance. It is recommended that you ask for a letter of recommendation at least 2 weeks in advance. Your teachers are very busy and they will thank you!
Also, provide them with a brag sheet, which helps provide your teacher with a glimpse of your academics and extracurriculars. Please see attachment at the bottom of this page for the BRAG SHEET.
Here are some tips to help you ask your teacher/counselor for a letter of recommendation.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact Ms. Mendoza (College Counselor) at email@example.com